Gun permits for the State of Indiana are handled in several steps.
1) To begin the process, start at this link: Indiana Firearms License
2) You will complete your information and schedule a time to get your fingerprints taken at the approved locations listed on the site.
3) Bring your information and proof of fingerprints being completed to:
- Pekin Town Hall if you live in the Town of New Pekin town limits
- Salem City Hall if you live in the City of Salem city limits
- Washington County Sheriff if you live anywhere else in Washington County.
4) Your information will be processed through the above listed location and sent on to the Indiana State Police for final approval and licensing.
NOTE: The process may take several weeks to complete. You MAY NOT carry a firearm until the process is completed and you receive your permit.